Don't Give a Damn About My Bad Reputation

Don't Give a Damn About My Bad Reputation

Saturday, April 4, 2015

48 Years and Counting Down

My keyboard is working for the moment so I am going to try and post right quick before it dies or goes Cyrillic again. 

I usually do an Easter post, it is one of my favorite themes. Jesus is a great guy and really gets my imagination going. I have a lot of fun with my posts about the gang in Heaven.

That being said, today is another important day to me, and if Jesus wants a birthday post, He can make sure the old Toshiba Piece O' Crap is still functioning when I drag my arse out of bed on the morrow.

Today is the 48th and 1 day pre-anniversary of the day that the Vulcans will make first contact with us. Stop laughing. I mean it guys. Shut up.

I worry that Earth might be the Saint John of the Universe. I KNOW all the other sentient beings talk shit about us, I just know it. They talk about how we keep idiots in power and can't distribute our resources properly and there is too much poverty and we are destroying some of our nicest real estate with filthy industry and not trying hard enough to be, better. 

I hope somewhere a baby is being born named Zephram and that his mother is feeding him so much science. Is that any crazier than any other hope? What is hope anyway? Not really something Vulcans bother with, that is for sure. Yet for me, and hoards of other nerds, Vulcans symbolize hope. A brighter future, possibility to transcend the mess we made. 

I suppose, this is also what Easter is about. 

Whatever you celebrate, whatever inspires you to dream and hope, have a wonderful weekend.


  







No comments:

Post a Comment