Don't Give a Damn About My Bad Reputation

Don't Give a Damn About My Bad Reputation

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Posting From Hoth, Snowpocalypse 2015


I wish I had an epic story of survival or tales of neighbors overcoming racism and helping each other out. Nay. 

My Snowpocalypse has been more schlepping to work and having to hurl myself into the snow banks to avoid death. 

We have had an official metric shit tonne of snow. Sidewalks are not a priority. There are no sidewalks anymore. There is snow. Lots of fucking snow. Too much snow for a human sans a ton-ton to try and wade through. Too much snow for any reasonable person to expect another reasonable person to walk in, that is certain. 

It is a damn shame that people in motorized vehicles are apparently completely unreasonable. I am not sure if it is proof that there is, or isn't, a God that my prayers of instant fishtailing into an explosion were not answered each time I nearly died today. There would have been 9 victims today. I counted.

Maybe if the cars were the size of AT-ATs  and I really was a hostile armed rebel I would understand better why drivers are trying to kill me.

Anyway thank you for not hitting me I guess. It has been a few years since I rolled around in snow banks, especially not in business casual attire. So you know, that was something. 

Supposedly we are getting another 25-30cm over the next day or so. 

 I don't have time for snowballs and I don't have any scrappy dare-devil friends to help me rig trip wires. There will be eggs in my purse tomorrow. You have been warned. 


No comments:

Post a Comment